Edinburgh: Google recently released its Android 5.1 Lollipop update for Nexus devices. So we just have to look on some things that the Nexus users need to do before upgrading their OS version. These tips are intended to assist the users who are thinking to install the update for the first time. The tips give you a brief idea on how the previous version was and how the next update will be.
Here are a few things you need to look up before upgrading your OS version:
- Analyse Android 5.0 Lollipop version: If you have a Nexus device and you haven’t updated the OS to 5.0 Lollipop, this is the best time to get to know about the features of the update. Android 5.0 is very different when compared to the Android 4.4 Kit Kat version. Lollipop version has made some improvements on the lock screen and also on the notifications.
- Look into Android 5.1 Lollipop: If you have already updated your OS to Android 5.0, you might think that the 5.1 version would also be the same. But that’s not the case; just check out the features of the update. It’s certainly not just the bug fix update. But it comes with minor changes along with the bug fix.
- Research on problems & fixes of Lollipop: Now the latest version Android 5.1 Lollipop is out and there are many users who have used Android 5.0 version. So, you can just analyse the problems on the OS update made for Nexus devices. Users have found a lot of problems in Android 5.0. Only a few of those are fixed in Android 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 versions; but not all.
- Be familiar with side loading: Side loading is nothing but the process of updating the OS manually. Once over the air updating starts, users would find the files hiding in the Google’s server. If that happens, you can easily update your OS to Android 5.1.
- Clean your Nexus device: It’s so vital to clean up your Nexus device before the update as it requires a lot of storage space to be installed. So clean up the unwanted apps and files which have been in your device over years. As Nexus devices don’t have SD card slots, the update has to be installed in the internal storage space.
- Back up your files: Cleaning up the device doesn’t mean that you have to wipe off the data completely without even leaving the traces. There are several options to have the backup of the files; it could be the cloud storage or the Google’s auto backup feature. They keep all your important data like photos, apps, videos and so on. Backing up of files is essential because there are some chances of data getting ruined while getting updated to a new OS.
- Charge your device: Make sure that your Nexus device is fully charged before the installation. Because the process of installation takes some time and your device must not get switched off during the process. It’s advised to at least have 50% of charge before installing Android 5.1.
Fortune Innovations Edinburgh is a premier Android application development company having diverse experience in the field. Our adept developers are capable of providing surpassing applications at a moderate cost and are mainly concerned about patrons’ satisfaction. Kindly contact us and make the best use of our mobile apps development services for Android, iOS, BB and or Windows.